J. T. Turner
I’ve been the Executive Director of our agency since December of 1996. I have a strong commitment to making the work we do with mental health clients as much of a partnership as possible. One of the things I wanted to do soon after arriving was articulate our values as an agency. Staff, clients and members of our board of directors have all worked to distill what we do into this set of values.
Here, then, are the Phoenix of Santa Barbara’s guiding values:
- We involve clients as much as possible in all aspects of the service they receive.
- We focus on a person’s capabilities and potential not on their disability.
- We help people cope with any effects and symptoms arising from their disability.
- We believe people can develop and change, and encourage these things.
- We aim to create contexts for services that are as normal as possible.
- We encourage our staff and our clients to try new things and be creative.
- We see fun, humor and artistic expression as central to a full life.
- We are committed to social justice. We aim to nurture a community that promotes physical and mental well being.
- We believe in meaningful work as a path to rehabilitation. We work with clients as much as possible as colleagues.
- We believe in feedback and use it. Let us be as open as we can be.
- We focus on clients not only as recipients of service but as providers of enrichment to our community, to each other and to staff.
- Above all, we value kindness as the foundation for what we do.
Feel free to contact me by phone at (805) 965-3434 or drop me a line at:
Phoenix of Santa Barbara
107 E Micheltorena
Santa Barbara CA 93101
or e-mail me by clicking here