Learn to Cope. Learn to Thrive.
Mainstream’s Menu of Services
- Skill Building – Help with communication, building friendships, money management, crisis management, shopping, cooking, and health maintenance.
- Housing – Help with finding and maintaining the highest level of independent living
- Job coaching – Developing skills and opportunities for paid or volunteer work
- Recreation – Help with identifying and pursuing areas of interest
- Accessing Resources – Assistance with navigating various systems such as Mental Health, Social Security, MediCal, and state programs that help with finding work
- Creative Care Management – Coordination of services with families as well as with other professionals
- Education – Coaching to help to find academic and training opportunities
- Medication – Assistance with understanding the role of medication in symptom-management, and provision of monitoring if this is helpful
- Transportation – Providing rides if necessary for attending medical appointments and other activities
- Sober Coaching – Help with attending 12-Step meetings and avoiding relapses
Mainstream offers specialized, individual treatment combining:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) helps individuals change self-defeating patterns of thinking. Research shows CBT is helpful in managing and reducing stress, depression, delusions, hallucinations and negative symptoms, such as lack of motivation.
- Supportive Counseling – Using a 1-1 format, this is designed to address the unique challenges of people with schizophrenia and other diagnoses.
We have a program designed specifically to help families facing the complexities of psychiatric disorders. Together, we develop strategies to enhance communication and loving, respectful connection. Important areas of focus are:
- Assessing if expectations within the family are realistic
- Developing ways to lessen emotional reactivity
- Discovering the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of effective communication
- Finding the balance between helping too little and helping too much
- Identifying and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Addressing and finding remedies for the “Failure-to-Launch” syndrome
Group Outings and Activities
Mainstream offers regular group outings and weekly activities designed to encourage interpersonal skills while developing individual confidence and fostering a sense of community. Recent and upcoming group activities include:
- Whale Watching Cruise
- Visit to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- Women’s Nail Spa Afternoon
- Ventura Shopping Trip and Lunch at the Harbor
- Mini Golf
- Winter Holiday Dinner and Gift Exchange
Our conviction is that a person’s psychiatric diagnosis is not their destiny. We help individuals create their own unique and successful path of recovery.
Click Here for the Mainstream website